Schedule SFDC File Exporter
Run sfdc file Exporter by clicking on shortcut icon OR sfdcfileexporter_v1.exe file, following screen will appear. Click on/choose ‘Schedule file export'(marked in red)-
Once you click on/choose ‘Schedule file export’, following screen will open, here you need to enter the inputs (Section marked in red numbers has been described below)-
- Enter instance url of sandbox, production OR developer account.
- Enter Salesforce instance user name.
- Enter Salesforce instance password.
- Choose the output folder, where attachments/files will be stored after extracting from Salesforce.
- Enter email address to whom you notify in case exception is occured while extracting files from Salesforce.
- SFDC File Exporter generates logs while extracting files from salesforce. Choose when you want to delete the older logs.
- Choose the object, here files will be extracted from these objects from salesforce.
- Choose input type, either SOQL or CSV
- Choose the file name/format. If you don’t know, leave as it is.
After entering above details, please click on ‘Save Scheduler Settings’ button. You will get a confirmation message that settings have been saved successfully. Please note that, if this setting has not been saved successfully, you won’t be able to schedule SFDC File exporter.
Go window search and search ‘Task Scheduler’, then click on Task Schduler as shown in the following window (Run this program as Administrator) –
Once you click on Task scheduler as stated in the previous step, following window will open. Click on ‘Create Task’-
A new screen will be opened, Enter Schedule SFDC File Exporter in the name Field.
Click on ‘Trigger‘ tab and choose daily as shown in the following pic – (You can choose the settings as per your convenience)
Then, click on ‘Action‘ tab. Click on ‘Browse’ and choose the ‘sfdcfileexporterschedular.exe’. This file is the file you get when you download SFDC File Exporter and extract the zip file. Once you extract downloaded zip file you get 2 files, ‘sfdcfileexporter_v1.exe’ and ‘sfdcfileexporterschedular.exe’.
Then click on OK to save the ‘Task Scheduler’.
Now, our final goal is to test the Task Scheduler Setup.
Click on Active Tasks and choose ‘Schedule SFDC File Exporter’ task as shown in the following image.
Once you select ‘Schedule SFDC File Exporter’ from the active task list following screen is opened. Click on Run button as shown in the following image and and check the output folder that you had selected in Step 2.
If you see, files are being created in the chosen output directory then you have successfully scheduled SFDC File Exporter.
For any issues OR you need any additional information, don’t hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help you.
Hope you had a nice experience with SFDC File Exporter. Please write a review for us –
If you are extremely happy, and have achieved what you were looking for, then kindly Donate some amount.